DENVER, March 1, 2018 / Solar Power Mountain West, from March 12-14, will explore the many ways that solar energy is growing into a mainstream energy resource and a key to a clean energy future.
The annual conference of the Colorado Solar Energy Industries Association (COSEIA) features more than 70 speakers and will explore topics including the rise of energy storage, solar energy’s role in developing a smarter grid, and the coming tide of Electric Vehicles.
“We are hoping to provide valuable knowledge to help clean energy professionals learn how to use solar energy in conjunction with related technologies that enable the creation of a smart and clean energy future,” said Rebecca Cantwell, executive director of COSEIA.
Speakers include renowned climate scientist Dr. Warren Washington, Colorado Public Utilities Commission Chairman Jeff Ackermann, and a roundtable featuring Solar WakeUp’s Yann Brandt talking with Clean Energy Credit Union leaders Blake Jones and Terri Mickelsen about their innovative new financial institution.
Industry leaders will explore the future in a session moderated by SEIA Vice-President Sean Gallagher and featuring Farid Dibachi of JLM Energy, Suzanne Leta of SunPower, Alex McDonough of Sunrun, Mak Nagle of SPower, and William Clay of Solar Power Pros.
In addition to panel discussions filled with leading experts in industry, government, non-profits and utilities, the conference will include a number of innovative extra features including:
- The First Annual COSEIA Solar Energy and Energy Storage Awards Ceremony March 12 from 4-6pm honoring innovation in projects and programs.
- A Roundtable Discussion March 13 from 11am-noon featuring candidates in Colorado’s wide-open race for Governor
- A Community Forum the evening of March 13 exploring Blockchain technology and its potential to help transform energy markets
- A Career Fair the afternoon of March 14 to match those interested in careers in solar energy with leading companies interested in hiring
- An Electric Vehicle Showcase the afternoon of March 14 featuring new models of a variety of brands.
Additionally, a large Expo Hall will feature the latest and greatest in new products and services from leading vendors.
The conference will be at the Aurora Denver Hyatt conference center, just a few train stops from Denver International Airport.
For information about registration, please go to http://coseia.org/conference/register-to-attend/.
For more information:Rebecca Cantwell, COSEIA, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-333-7342
If you are interested in a media credential, please send an email to email@example.com.
SOURCE Colorado Solar Energy Industries Association